(Preliminary program subject to change)
WEDNESDAY, 10TH MARCH
16:00h Welcome and Congress platform presentation
16:10h Congress Presentation
16:20h Inaugural conference
- Termite species in the world and their control options. Dr. Nan Yao Su (University of Florida).
- 16:45h Wood rehabilitation solutions without the possibility of treatment. Alfonso Basterra (University of Valladolid).
- 17:00h Figures in forgings attacked by xylophages. Josu Benito (TECNALIA).
- 17:15h Case Study: Restoration in National Heritage facilities.
17:30h Open discussion
17:40h Sponsors Presentations
- 18:00h Methodologies for characterization of pathological processes. Eva Hermoso (INIA).
- 18:15h Grafting, wood reconstruction. Dr. Mikel Landa (Lo-Arquitectos).
- 18:30h Case Study: Restoration in facilities of the Institute of Cultural Heritage.
18:45h Open discussion
End of the first day of Congress
THURSDAY, 11TH MARCH
16:00h Introduction Operation Congress Online
16:10h Opening conference
- Latest advances in protection by design for sustainable wood construction. Juan I. Fernández-Golfín (INIA).
- 16:35h Use of chitosan oligomers, propolis and nanosilver in the protection of wood. Luis Acuña (UVA).
- 16:50h Durability problems in wooden structures under class of use 2. Alfonso Lozano (UniOvi).
- 17:05h Case Study: Strategy for the eradication of the subterranean termite, Reticulitermes flavipes, in Tenerife island. David Hernandez (CSIC).
17:20h Open discussion
17:30h Sponsors Presentations
- 17:50h Durability of tropical woods (normative). Maite de Troya (INIA).
- 18:05h Innovation in wood repair and reinforcement: Project RESTRUCTMAD. Miguel Ángel Abián (AIDIMME).
- 18:20h Termites and other wood infestation insects: current and emerging risks. Magdalena Kutnik (FCBA).
18:35h Open discussion